What would be the effects of the Brexit over the EU business post the newly announced Brexit data – 31st of October 2019?
The first thing that the EU businesses that intend to transfer personal data to the UK after Brexit should do is to document their decisions and further notify data subjects of those arrangements.
Each company intending to transfer personal data should follow those 5 advices:
- Identify what processing activities will imply a personal data transfer to the UK;
- Determine the appropriate data transfer instrument for your situation;
- Implement the chosen data transfer instrument to be ready by 31 October 2019;
- Indicate in the internal documentation that transfers will be made to the UK;
- Update the privacy notice accordingly to inform individuals.
Disclaimer: The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter, it is not a legal advice and should not be treated as one. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.